If you were urged to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination of the chemical “dihydrogen monoxide.”
The reasons being:
- it can cause excessive sweating and vomiting
- it is a major component in acid rain
- it can cause severe burns in its gaseous state
- accidental inhalation can kill you
- it contributes to erosion
- it decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes
- it has been found in tumors of terminal cancer patients
Would you do it?
A student got a first prize at a Science Fair by posing this question. He was attempting to show how conditioned we have become to alarmists practicing junk science and spreading fear of and about everything in our environment.
Dihydrogen Monoxide has the chemical symbol H2O and is reffered to in everyday language as “water”